Thursday, October 30, 2008

KTV in China


KTV...its pretty fun. You pay for a room for a certain amount of time and then you sing with your friends...theres usually a lot of dancing too. I'm glad its not the type where its a huge room...theres no way anyone would get me to sing in a place like that, unless they got a few drinks in me haha. The Chinese love it...especially after a few drinks. I have some better pics of it somewhere and I'll put em on when I find em. We tried it and found it to be pretty dang awesome. We even sang some Chinese songs. The first pic is of our group when we went. After a while one of the guys in our group ran into some ppl next door and next thing we knew it was a dance party in there. Ha, they're pretty funny when they're drunk. They loved having the foreigners come in there. That is the second pic, us with them.

This time we went with our Chinese friends. Gucci is the bigger kid singing in these pics. They got pretty into it, so did we. Good KTV songs are Its My Life by Bon Jovi-that sort of fast paced more upbeat songs. Sometimes the selection is good, sometimes it sucks, it all depends on where you go. The best part is, its really not too expensive for a few hours or even a whole night! People actually do it all night-I haven't...but I'm pretty sure my voice would be pretty gone.

Kevin (below with me and Marc) is a good friend of ours. We met him playing basketball and eventually met his girlfriend Mandy (she's sitting by him in the above left) and they're other friends. They've shown us a lot of fun things to do. KTV is by far one of the Chinese/Japanese (I hear it came from Japan originally) things to do.

1 comment: